Hey there, Garlicious Grown fans!
Picture this: A flavourful black garlic business succumbing to the irresistible charm of Black Friday. Yes, you heard it right – we're diving headfirst into the Black Friday craze, and we're bringing you along for the ride! 🎉
Why Black Friday, You Ask?
Well, as a black garlic business, how could we resist the allure of a Black Friday Sale? We're all about savouring rich and bold flavours, and what better time to indulge than Black Friday? It's the day of irresistible deals and unforgettable discounts, and we're here to make it a garlic-infused extravaganza!
Exclusive Early Access for Our Amazing Customers!
Mark your calendars, because from November 17th to November 27th, we're offering you an exclusive deal that's too good to pass up. Get ready for a mouthwatering 15% discount on everything we offer, site-wide. But wait, there's more! When you spend over $200, we're throwing in FREE freight as a special treat. 🎁
Here's the Lowdown:
Whether you're planning to stock up your pantry with our exquisite black garlic products or hunting for that one-of-a-kind gift for someone special, our Black Friday Sale has you covered. Your favourite black garlicy goodies are just a click away.
Ready to Dive In?
Head over to Garlicious Grown, where all the fun begins. Explore our diverse range of premium garlic products, and savour the incredible taste of black garlic. It's an experience that'll leave your taste buds singing!
This Black Friday, treat yourself to an explosion of flavour and share the love of Garlicious Grown with friends and family. But remember, this epic sale is only available for a limited time, so set your reminders for November 17th and get ready to shop 'til you drop (figuratively, of course).
Thank you for being part of the Garlicious Grown family. We can't wait to spice up your Black Friday, and we'll be here to satisfy your black garlic cravings long after the sale ends.
Savour the flavour, make it memorable, and stay tuned for more delicious updates from Garlicious Grown. 🧄🔥
Cheers to an unforgettable Black Friday! 🎊
As the entertaining season approaches, there's no better time to ensure your kitchen is fully stocked and ready to impress your guests. At Garlicious Grown, we're thrilled to introduce our exclusive "Ultimate Christmas Entertaining Box" – a collection of 5 premium black garlic products and an inspiring recipe card to ignite your creativity in the kitchen. Whether you're whipping up a quick snack for an unexpected drop-in guest or planning something fancier, our carefully curated collection is designed to elevate your culinary game.
🧄Delight Your Taste Buds with These Premium Black Garlic Products🧄
1. Black Garlic White Balsamic Dressing (250mL)🧄 This unique dressing is your gateway to a burst of flavour in your salads. It's equally delicious as a marinade or drizzle for grilled vegetables. Get ready to transform your salads into gourmet delights.
2. Black Garlic Caesar Dressing (250mL)🧄 Elevate your salads and appetizers with this savoury dressing, packed with the rich taste of black garlic. Your guests will be asking for the secret behind your delicious Caesar salad.
3. Black Garlic Unpeeled (50g)🧄For the real black garlic enthusiasts, these black garlic cloves are versatile and make a delightful addition to your cheese platters and hors d'oeuvres. Get ready to impress your guests with this unique and flavourful addition.
4. Smoked Garlic Powder (25g)🧄 Our Smoked Garlic Powder adds a touch of smoky goodness to your recipes. It's perfect for seasoning your eggs, great on roast vegetables and dusted over soup.
5. Nero Black Garlic Meat Rub (100g)🧄 The secret to succulent meats – our Nero Meat Rub brings out the best in your grilled or roasted dishes. Your barbecue gatherings just got a delicious upgrade.
Recipe Card: Need some culinary inspiration? We've got you covered with our exclusive recipe card. It's your ticket to crafting gourmet dishes effortlessly. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a home cook looking to impress, these recipes will have you covered.
Our Ultimate Christmas Entertaining Box is designed to add that dash of magic to your appetizers, canapés, barbecues, salads, and even your gourmet breakfasts. Be it a quick snack for unexpected guests or a lavish dinner party, you'll have a selection of delicious, healthy flavours at your fingertips.
RRP $110.13 Now $89.95
🧄Unlock Free Freight Across Australia:🧄
As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty, we're offering FREE SHIPPING across Australia when you use the code ENTBOX during your purchase. We want to make sure you can get your hands on these culinary treasures without any additional cost. It's our way of saying thank you for being a part of the Garlicious Grown family.
Don't miss this opportunity to prepare your kitchen for an unforgettable entertaining season. Get your Entertaining Season Box today and let the flavour adventures begin. Visit our website to place your order and make the most of the free shipping offer. But hurry, as this offer is available for a limited time only.
Thank you for choosing Garlicious Grown for your culinary adventures. We're excited to see the delicious creations you'll whip up with these black garlic wonders. Here's to a season filled with flavour and joy!
P.S. Use code ENTBOX for free freight and let the entertainment begin!
Exciting news! We've got some fabulous suggestions for your neighbourhood Halloween drinks while the kids are out trick or treating. Why not add a little fright to your night with our special Halloween-inspired menu?
First on our list is a unique and tasty cocktail – the Black Garlic Mojito. This isn't your average mojito – we've livened it up with a tantalising combination of rum, orange, basil and black garlic syrup. It's the perfect blend of sweet, tart, and deliciously spooky!
And what would drinks be without a tasty snack to match? Try our Black Garlic Hummus, a perfect pairing for your Halloween drinks. This year, let's make Halloween a culinary adventure!
So, get into the spirit of Halloween with our spooky menu. Your neighbours will be talking about your party for years to come!
When it comes to culinary trends, black garlic has emerged as a true superstar in recent years, captivating the palates of food enthusiasts worldwide. A recent report, titled "Best Statistical Black Garlic Market Growth Set to Surge Significantly during 2023 to 2030," highlights the remarkable growth in black garlic sales and identifies Garlicious Grown as a key player in this burgeoning industry.
Black Garlic: A Flavourful Revolution
Black garlic, with its sweet, umami-rich flavour and health benefits, has taken the culinary world by storm. What was once a well-kept secret in Asian cuisine has now become a global sensation, finding its way into kitchens and dishes of all kinds. Its distinct taste and versatility have made it a favourite among chefs and home cooks alike.
The Report's Revelations
The report, available at here paints an exciting picture for the future of black garlic. It predicts substantial growth in the black garlic market from 2023 to 2030. This growth is attributed to the increasing awareness of black garlic's nutritional benefits, its unique flavour profile, and its applications in a wide range of dishes.
Garlicious Grown: A Leading Light
One standout feature of this report is the recognition of Garlicious Grown as a key worldwide player in the black garlic industry. Garlicious Grown has consistently impressed with its commitment to quality, innovation, and sustainable farming practices. As a pioneer in the cultivation and production of black garlic, they have played a pivotal role in popularizing this culinary gem.
Why Garlicious Grown Stands Out
Garlicious Grown's rise to prominence is no accident. They have harnessed their passion for garlic and their dedication to delivering the finest products to create a brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Their black garlic products have consistently wowed consumers, chefs, and food critics alike, earning them a well-deserved reputation for excellence.
The Future of Black Garlic
As the report suggests, the future of black garlic looks brighter than ever. Its versatility and unique flavour make it an ideal ingredient for a wide range of culinary creations, from gourmet dishes to everyday meals. With Garlicious Grown leading the way, we can expect to see even more exciting developments in the black garlic industry in the coming years.
The "Best Statistical Black Garlic Market Growth Set to Surge Significantly during 2023 to 2030" report underscores the phenomenal growth and potential of the black garlic market. Garlicious Grown's inclusion as a key player in this thriving industry is a testament to their dedication and commitment to bringing the best of black garlic to food lovers worldwide.
As black garlic continues to make its mark in the culinary world, Garlicious Grown will undoubtedly be at the forefront of this flavour revolution, providing us all with the opportunity to elevate our culinary experiences with this remarkable ingredient. So, get ready to enjoy the future—it's sure to be filled with the irresistible allure of black garlic.
In the world of gastronomy, food trends come and go with the changing seasons, but some culinary innovations have the power to endure and captivate the taste buds of food enthusiasts across the globe. One such innovation that has risen from relative obscurity to become a culinary trendsetter is black garlic. This dark, aromatic, and flavourful ingredient has taken the culinary world by storm, making its way into dishes from Michelin-starred restaurants to home kitchens. Let's explore the fascinating journey of black garlic from an unknown ingredient to a culinary sensation.
The Mysterious Transformation
Black garlic is not a distinct garlic variety but rather regular white garlic that has undergone a unique fermentation process. We do understandably, get phone calls from people asking to purchase “black garlic seed”! This process is said to have originated in Asia, particularly in countries like Korea, Japan, and Thailand. Although the exact origins remain shrouded in mystery, it is believed to have been discovered accidentally centuries ago when garlic bulbs were left to oxidise in a warm and humid environment.
During oxidation, the garlic undergoes a complex series of chemical reactions. The transformation from pungent white cloves to soft, dark, and sweet bulbs takes place over several weeks to months. The garlic's natural sugars caramelize, and its harsh, sulphuric compounds mellow out, resulting in a sweet and savoury flavour profile with hints of balsamic vinegar and tamarind. The texture becomes tender and jelly-like, making it easy to spread or incorporate into various dishes.
The Culinary Renaissance
For years, black garlic remained a well-kept secret, used more as an Asian health supplement than a gourmet flavour addition. However, as the global food scene evolved and embraced more diverse flavours and ingredients, black garlic began to garner attention outside of its traditional roots.
One of the key factors contributing to its rise is the growing interest in umami-rich ingredients. Umami, often described as the fifth taste, is characterized by a savoury, deep, and complex flavour. Black garlic's transformation intensifies its umami properties, making it a coveted ingredient among chefs seeking to elevate their dishes. Its ability to enhance the depth of flavours in a wide range of cuisines—from Italian to Thai—has propelled it into the spotlight.
Versatility in the Kitchen
One of the most appealing aspects of black garlic is its versatility. It can be used in various forms, including whole cloves, paste, or as a seasoning. Chefs and home cooks alike have found creative ways to incorporate it into their culinary creations.
1. **Condiment**: Black garlic paste can be spread on bread, used as a dipping sauce, or blended into salad dressings for an extra layer of flavour.
2. **Marinades**: It makes an excellent addition to marinades for meats, seafood, or vegetables, infusing them with its sweet and savoury notes.
3. **Soups and sauces**: Black garlic can be used to enrich broths, soups, and sauces, lending a unique depth to the final dish.
4. **Pasta and rice**: Add minced black garlic to pasta sauces or stir-fried rice for a gourmet touch.
5. **Burger and sandwich topping**: Elevate your burgers or sandwiches by adding a slice of black garlic for a delightful twist.
Health Benefits and Nutritional Value
Beyond its culinary appeal, black garlic is also valued for its potential health benefits. It is believed to be rich in antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties. Some studies suggest that the oxidation process may enhance the bioavailability of certain nutrients in garlic, making them easier for the body to absorb.
While it's essential to remember that black garlic is still garlic and should be consumed in moderation, its potential health perks have added to its popularity among health-conscious consumers.
The journey of black garlic from relative obscurity to culinary trend is a testament to the ever-evolving nature of the food industry. Its transformation from a humble ingredient to a sought-after delicacy reflects our ongoing exploration of diverse flavours and our appreciation for the complex, umami-rich experiences that food can offer.
Summer is the perfect time for firing up the grill and indulging in delicious barbecues. While traditional barbecue flavours are well-loved, why not take your grilling experience to the next level with black garlic? This unique ingredient offers a distinct umami-rich taste that can elevate your barbecue dishes to new heights. In this blog post, we'll explore how black garlic can be used to enhance your barbecue recipes and provide some mouthwatering ideas to try.
Black Garlic Barbecue Sauce: Upgrade your barbecue sauce with the rich and complex flavours of black garlic. Simply blend black garlic cloves with your favourite barbecue sauce base, such as tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, and spices. The black garlic barbecue sauce will add a delightful sweet and savoury dimension to your grilled meats, turning them into an irresistible feast.
Marinating with Black Garlic: Marinating your meats before grilling can enhance their tenderness and flavour. Create a black garlic marinade by blending black garlic cloves with soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, and a splash of lime juice. Let your choice of protein soak in the marinade for a few hours or overnight to infuse it with the umami goodness of black garlic.
Black Garlic Butter for Grilled Veggies: Grilled vegetables are a barbecue staple, and black garlic butter can take them to the next level. Mix softened butter with mashed black garlic cloves, chopped fresh herbs, and a pinch of salt. Toss your favourite vegetables in the black garlic butter before grilling, and watch them become even more irresistible with their caramelized edges and savoury flavour.
Black Garlic Skewers: Create flavourful and unique skewers with black garlic. Alternate pieces of your chosen protein, such as tofu or mushrooms, with whole black garlic cloves on skewers. Brush them with a black garlic-infused glaze made from honey, soy sauce, and black garlic. Grill the skewers until they are perfectly charred and caramelized, resulting in a delightful blend of textures and tastes.
Black Garlic Stuffed Burgers: Transform your burgers into gourmet delights with black garlic stuffing. Mix minced black garlic and grated cheese of your choice. Form patties with your choice of burger mix (traditional or plant based works fine). Add a spoonful of the black garlic mixture to the centre of each patty, encasing it with the meat. Grill the burgers to perfection, and watch as the melted black garlic filling adds a burst of flavour to each bite. Go the whole experience, and top your burger with Garlicious Grown Black Garlic Aioli.
Black Garlic BBQ Tofu: Tofu is a fantastic canvas for bold flavours. For a delectable vegan barbecue option, marinate slices of tofu in a black garlic-based marinade, then grill until lightly charred. The black garlic infusion will give the tofu a tantalizing depth of flavour that will appeal to both vegans and non-vegans alike.
Black garlic's umami-rich and complex flavour makes it a wonderful addition to your barbecue repertoire. From creating mouthwatering sauces to marinating proteins and infusing grilled veggies, black garlic offers a delightful twist to your classic barbecue dishes. So, this summer, take your grilling game to the next level with black garlic in our Black Garlic Barbecue Kit and savour the unique and elevated flavours it brings to your barbecue gatherings. Your taste buds and guests will thank you for this culinary adventure.
Food preservation has been essential throughout human history. One fascinating preservation method that has gained popularity in recent years is black garlic. Although it is a culinary delight, black garlic also serves as an innovative way to extend the shelf life of garlic while transforming its flavour. In this blog post, we'll explore the ancient technique of using black garlic as a food preservation method and how it has been revived in modern times.
1. History of Black Garlic Preservation: The process of black garlic preservation dates back centuries and is believed to have originated in Asia, particularly in Korea, Japan, and Thailand. It was traditionally used as a way to store garlic for extended periods without spoilage. The exact origin and time of its development are unclear, but the aging methods used to create black garlic were valued for their ability to transform garlic into a unique and flavourful ingredient.
2. Aging Process: Black garlic preservation involves subjecting fresh garlic bulbs to a controlled fermentation and aging process. The garlic bulbs are typically kept in a warm and humid environment for several weeks to months. During this time, enzymatic reactions and the Maillard reaction occur, resulting in the transformation of garlic's flavour, texture, and colour.
3. Controlled Temperature and Humidity: To create black garlic, maintaining a specific temperature and humidity is crucial. The garlic bulbs are typically stored in a controlled environment with temperatures ranging from 60 to 75 degrees Celsius and high humidity. These conditions encourage the desired chemical reactions, including the Maillard reaction, which gives black garlic its characteristic dark colour. The image below is from Najman et al Influence of Thermal Processing on the Bioactive, Antioxidant, and Physicochemical Properties of Conventional and Organic Agriculture Black Garlic (Allium sativum L.)Appl. Sci. 2020, 10(23), 8638; https://doi.org/10.3390/app10238638
4. Chemical Changes and Flavour Development: During the aging process, significant chemical changes take place within the garlic bulbs. The Maillard reaction leads to the development of melanoidins, pigments responsible for the black colour of the cloves. As a result, the pungent and spicy compounds in fresh garlic, such as allicin, are broken down into various sulphur compounds, resulting in a mellow, sweet, and umami-rich flavour profile with hints of caramel and balsamic notes.
5. Extended Shelf Life: Black garlic's preservation process significantly extends the shelf life of garlic compared to fresh garlic. While fresh garlic bulbs typically have a relatively short storage life, black garlic can be stored for up to two years or even longer when kept in a cool and dry environment. This extended shelf life allows for greater culinary flexibility and reduces waste.
6. Culinary Applications: The preserved black garlic can be used in a wide range of culinary applications. Its unique flavour profile makes it a versatile ingredient, adding depth and complexity to various dishes. It can be incorporated into sauces, marinades, dressings, soups, stews, stir-fries, and even desserts. Black garlic's sweet and savoury taste enhances the overall flavour profile of dishes, making it a sought-after ingredient for chefs and food enthusiasts. It is key however, to not see black garlic as a replacement for fresh garlic. While adding garlic flavour, it is not great to chop and fry black garlic at the beginning of a dish (as you may with fresh garlic). Frying black garlic off hard, leads to little burnt black dots in the pan rather than that beautiful black garlic richness!
71. Health Benefits: While black garlic is primarily known for its culinary merits, it also offers potential health benefits. Like fresh garlic, black garlic contains certain compounds, such as antioxidants and polyphenols, which may have positive effects on health. Additionally, black garlic is known to have higher levels of S-allyl cysteine, a compound associated with potential heart health benefits.
Conclusion: The ancient technique of preserving garlic to create black garlic has been revived in modern times. This innovative method not only extends the shelf life of garlic but also transforms its flavour, creating a unique ingredient with a mellow, sweet, and umami-rich taste. As a versatile culinary ingredient and potential source of health benefits, black garlic has found its place in the culinary world, captivating chefs and gourmet cooks.
Black garlic, with its unique flavour profile and nutritional benefits, can be a valuable ingredient for vegans and those following a plant-based diet. Its umami-rich taste and versatility can enhance the flavours of various vegan dishes, delivering that big brothy flavour without the use of bones. In this blog post, we'll explore how black garlic can elevate plant-based cuisine and provide ideas for incorporating it into vegan recipes.
1. Umami Flavour Boost: Black garlic's rich umami notes make it an excellent seasoning to enhance the depth and complexity of vegan dishes. Umami is considered the fifth taste, adding a savoury and satisfying element to food. By incorporating black garlic into plant-based recipes, you can achieve a more robust and savoury flavour profile that may be lacking in some vegan ingredients.
2. Sauces and Dressings: Black garlic can be used to create delicious vegan sauces and dressings. For example, blend black garlic cloves with plant-based mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and a touch of salt to make a flavourful black garlic aioli. This can be used as a dip for vegetables, a spread for sandwiches, or a sauce for veggie burgers.
3. Vegetable Dishes: Black garlic pairs well with a variety of vegetables, adding depth and complexity to plant-based dishes. Toss sliced black garlic through roasted vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, or cauliflower. The black garlic's sweet and savoury flavours can complement the natural sweetness of the vegetables, resulting in a more satisfying and flavourful dish.
4. Plant-Based Proteins: Black garlic can be used to enhance the flavours of plant-based proteins such as tofu, tempeh, or seitan. Marinate these proteins in a mixture of minced black garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, and a dash of liquid smoke before grilling or pan-frying. The black garlic marinade adds an umami punch and caramelized sweetness to the proteins, making them more enticing and flavourful.
5. Vegan Soups and Stews: Black garlic can be a fantastic addition to vegan soups and stews, providing a depth of flavour. Add minced black garlic to your favourite vegetable-based soups or stews during the cooking process to infuse them with its umami-rich taste. The slow cooking allows the flavours to meld together, resulting in a hearty and satisfying dish.
6. Vegan Cheese Alternatives: Black garlic can also be incorporated into homemade vegan cheese alternatives. Blend soaked cashews or almonds with nutritional yeast, black garlic cloves, lemon juice, and salt to create a creamy and flavourful black garlic cheese spread. Use it as a dip, spread it on crackers, or incorporate it into vegan cheese-based recipes for an extra umami boost.
7. Vegan Pizza Toppings: Black garlic makes a delicious addition to vegan pizza. Start with your favourite base plus plant-based cheese, along with other toppings like roasted vegetables, olives, and fresh herbs. Add sliced black garlic to your pizza as it leaves the oven. Warming the black garlic adds a savoury and slightly sweet element to the pizza, elevating its flavour profile, without burning this beautiful ingredient.
Conclusion: Black garlic offers vegans and those following a plant-based diet an opportunity to enhance their dishes with its unique umami-rich flavour. By incorporating black garlic into sauces, dressings, vegetable dishes, plant-based proteins, soups, and even vegan cheese alternatives, you can create a variety of flavourful and satisfying plant-based meals. Experiment with different recipes and explore the ways in which black garlic can elevate your vegan culinary creations.
You asked so here is the answer!
Having just finished three days at the Good Food and Wine Show, this is a common question. Garlic is a versatile ingredient used in cuisines around the world for its pungent flavour and numerous health benefits. However, black garlic has emerged as an intriguing alternative to regular garlic, offering a distinct taste and potential additional advantages. In this blog post, we'll compare black garlic and regular garlic, exploring their differences in flavour, nutritional content, and culinary use.
Regular Garlic: Fresh garlic is known for its sharp, pungent, and sometimes spicy flavour. It has a pronounced "bite" that can vary in intensity depending on the variety and freshness of the garlic. When cooked, regular garlic develops a mellow and slightly sweet flavour.
Black Garlic: Black garlic undergoes a oxidation process that transforms its flavour profile. We take beautiful hard neck ‘Monaro Purple’ garlic with white flesh through a 30 day low slow “cook” to transform to black garlic. The pungency and spiciness of regular garlic are mellowed, giving way to a unique combination of savoury umami, caramel-like sweetness, and hints of balsamic and molasses. Garlic notes come through the flavour after the initial sweetness. Black garlic offers a more complex and subtle flavour compared to regular garlic.
Regular Garlic: Fresh garlic is highly regarded for its nutritional value. It is a good source of vitamins C and B6, manganese, and selenium. Garlic is also known for containing sulphur compounds, such as allicin, which is associated with various health benefits, including potential immune-boosting and cardiovascular effects.
Black Garlic: While the transformation of white to black garlic cause some changes in its nutritional composition, it still retains several beneficial compounds found in regular garlic. Black garlic has higher antioxidant levels than fresh garlic, offering enhanced antioxidant benefits. Additionally, black garlic contains S-allyl cysteine, a compound associated with heart health benefits. The reduced allicin levels make black garlic more easily digested.
Regular Garlic: Fresh garlic is widely used in cooking for its strong flavour and aroma. It is a staple in lots of savoury dishes, including stir-fries, sauces, soups, marinades, and roasted or grilled meats and vegetables. The pungency and spiciness of regular garlic can add depth and character to a wide range of recipes.
Black Garlic: Black garlic's unique flavour makes it a versatile ingredient for culinary experimentation. Don’t use it in place of fresh garlic – don’t chop finely and fry off early in a dish. All you will have is little burnt black dots! Add black garlic towards the end of a dish, stirring through pasta or risotto. The warmth will bring out the rich flavour offering that finishing touch to your cooking. Black garlic pairs well with both savoury and sweet ingredients, making it suitable for sauces, dressings, pasta dishes, risottos, and even desserts. Its rich umami notes can enhance the complexity of flavour creating a memorable dish.
Regular Garlic: Fresh garlic bulbs have a relatively short shelf life. They can typically be stored for a few weeks to a couple of months when kept in a cool, dry place. However, they may begin to sprout or deteriorate over time.
Black Garlic: Black garlic has a significantly longer shelf life compared to regular garlic. The oxidation process contributes to its stability, allowing it to be stored for several years. Proper storage in a cool and dry environment helps maintain the quality and flavour of black garlic.
While regular garlic and black garlic both have their unique qualities, they offer distinct flavours and culinary experiences. Regular garlic provides a bold and pungent taste, while black garlic offers a more complex and sweet umami profile. Additionally, black garlic retains beneficial compounds found in regular garlic and provides enhanced antioxidant and heart health benefits. Whether you choose regular garlic for its robust flavour or black garlic for its intriguing taste and potential additional advantages, both varieties can be valuable additions to your culinary repertoire.
Black garlic, with its unique flavour profile and rich umami notes, offers a wonderful opportunity to enhance your culinary creations. In this blog post, we'll explore some delicious recipes and flavour pairings that can help you make the most of this exceptional ingredient.
Black Garlic Butter: Black garlic butter is a versatile and delicious condiment that can be used in various dishes. To make it, simply blend softened butter with mashed black garlic cloves until well combined. This flavourful butter can be spread on bread, used to sauté vegetables, melted over grilled steak, or added to pasta dishes for a burst of savoury richness. Our black garlic butter image (on Pinterest) is our most popular pinned image!
Black Garlic Aioli: Upgrade your traditional aioli with the addition of black garlic. Mix mayonnaise, crushed black garlic cloves, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt until smooth and creamy. This black garlic aioli can be served as a dipping sauce for fries, a spread for sandwiches, or a tasty accompaniment to seafood and roasted vegetables. We offer a ready to go black garlic aioli if that tempts you.
Black Garlic Salad Dressing: Create a unique and tangy salad dressing by combining black garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and a touch of salt and pepper. This dressing pairs well with mixed greens, roasted beets, goat cheese, and toasted nuts, adding depth and complexity to your salads. Start with our White Balsamic Black Garlic dressing as your base.
Black Garlic Marinade: Black garlic can be used to make a flavourful marinade for meats and vegetables. Combine minced black garlic, soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and a splash of rice wine vinegar. Marinate your choice of protein or vegetables for a few hours or overnight before grilling, roasting, or stir-frying. The result is a tender and well-seasoned dish with a unique twist.
Black Garlic Pasta: Incorporate black garlic into your pasta dishes for a burst of flavour. Sauté minced black garlic in olive oil until fragrant, then toss it with cooked pasta, grated Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. For an extra touch, add roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of black garlic-infused olive oil. Go all out and add black garlic to your pasta dough.
Black Garlic Soup: Add depth and richness to your soups with black garlic. Sauté diced onions, carrots, and celery in a pot, then add vegetable or chicken broth, black garlic, and your choice of herbs and spices. Simmer until the flavours meld together, then blend until smooth for a velvety black garlic soup. Garnish with a swirl of cream or a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Flavour Pairings: Black garlic pairs well with a range of ingredients, enhancing their flavours. Some excellent combinations include:
Cooking with black garlic opens up a world of possibilities, allowing you to create dishes that are both delicious and unique. Whether you're making sauces, marinades, dressings, or incorporating it into pasta dishes or soups, black garlic's deep umami flavour and caramelized sweetness can elevate your culinary creations to new heights. So, get creative, you can let your imagination run wild.